USA today published an article on August 4, 2014 about America’s most stunning views. Views from the Kalalau Trail were among those that rose above the rest to make the top 10. Here’s what they had to say about Kalalau:
Kauai, Hawaii: Along Kauai’s northwest shore sits Na Pali (“the cliffs”), a 15-mile stretch of rocky, vividly colored coastline. It’s possible to hike parts of this steep, magazine photo-worthy terrain, namely the 11-mile Kalalau Trail which traverses sea cliffs and five valleys before ending at Kalalau Beach, but this is only recommended for people with superior hiking skills. It’s also possible to view the cliffs during a catamaran or kayak trip, though the sea can be rough. If money is no object, opt for the helicopter tour.
Other locations in the top 10 were:
- Sandstone formations of Red Rock Country near Sedona, AZ
- Panoramic view of Pittsburgh from Mt. Washington
- Denali National Park in Alaska
- The New York Skyline from under the Brooklyn Bridge
- The North Shore of Lake Superior including Split Rock Lighthouse
- The view from the Lincoln Memorial steps in Washington DC
- Arches National Park in Utah
- The Grand Canyon in Arizona
- Grand Targhee Ski Resort in Wyoming
The full article can be found here.